Pregnancy Category B
Mechanism of action
Anticholinergic, chemically related to atropine, which blocks vagally
mediated reflexes by antagonizing the action of acetylcholine.
- Bronchodilator for maintenance treatment of bronchospasm associated
- Hypersensitivity to atropine or its
- Acute episodes of bronchospasm.
Use caution in the presence of narrow-angle glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy,
bladder neck obstruction, pregnancy, lactation.
- CNS: Nervousness, dizziness, headache,
fatigue, insomnia, blurred vision
- GI: Nausea, GI distress, dry mouth
Cough, exacerbation of symptoms, hoarseness
- Other: Palpitations, rash