News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Numb Finger Tips

tdigga0557 - Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:00 pm

I am a 20 yr old college student and was hangin out playing a video game when my left index finger seemed odd. Then I noticed that both of my Index fingers were numb on the print side from the third knuckle to the tip. I thought maybe it was the way i was laying so i adjusted myself but 24 hours later they are still numb. just wondering if i should go to the doctor or if its not serious?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:01 pm

User avatar Are you still feeling that way tdigga0557?
Is the distribution of your symptoms still the same?
 tdigga0557 - Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:00 pm

yes still the same
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:54 am

User avatar The distribution you are giving is very odd since it doesnt follow any major nerve distribution and because it is bilateral and developed suddenly. Yes, if it lasted this long you might want to have someone take a look at it.
 tdigga0557 - Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:19 pm

ok i will, thankyou
 nccoonmom3 - Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:05 pm

What would cause this, for my middle finger tip to go completely numb and now a few
days later my ring finger on the same hand is going numb also! Is this something I should
be concerned about?
Thank you

nccoonmom3 - Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 am

nccoonmom3 wrote:
What would cause this, for my middle finger tip to go completely numb and now a few
days later my ring finger on the same hand is going numb also! Is this something I should
be concerned about?
Thank you

3/18/05
My fingers are getting worse,today my fingers were very cold and hurting.The 2 fingers
I mentioned above are numb now more than just the tips.
 OUCHY - Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 am

I can be standing with my arms normal or laying down on my back, pretty much this happens at anytime no matter how i am standing or laying or sitting...my arms and hands and fingers go numb and start tingling like pins and needles and it is very painfull...what might cause this?
 terry89 - Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 am

My pointer's finger has been numb for almost 3 days. It started right after I had sinusitis. please help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here