News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: neurological disorder besides everything else?

negritail - Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:35 pm

during my final board exam in high school, europe, i totally blacked out seeing only stars in darkness, everything seemed far away...and as i heard my responses in the exam were not very coherent. nobody then took me serious. the next problem occured during my stressful college years when i totally blanked out, all information studied had been erased from memory, and thinking hurt my brain. it was very embarrassing. during those years i also experience jolt like "electrical like shocks through my brain which lasted a split second and were scary. nobody found an answer. finally, a few years later i broke down under such a jolt and ran to ER...this is when i was diagnose with anxiety/panic/depression. i still cannot explain my weakness spells when i get dizzy, white as a sheet, sometimes sweat, lose all energy. i had a neuro exam too. i was examed for seizures too, nada! now, it has gone so far as my dizziness is a morning thing which delays everything for a couple hours.

but also lately , 3 days in a row, once or twice daily i have had even worse lasting about 2 hours ....severe headache, dizziness to the point i had vertigo, stumble around, have to lay down, my lips tingle, my body feels sore, feeling an emotional low, nausea and feeling an empty stomach, ears ringing and my outter ear bone hurting/sore, limbs feel like jelly but sore....today, after sleep (clonazepam) i feel in a limbo until i get a numb headache, the soreness in the ear, fatigue, and everything in disorder around me irritates me. by now i take notice of maybe causes. btw i am on citalopram/buspar and clonazepam for my condition! :?: i hurt my arm, my dog pulled me...i ignored the pain and it went away. one day last year, my little pinky became numb and i couldn't move it anymore. i had a neuro exam and it was found i had nerve damage in my elbow, the readings were extremely low! this has not been followed up since i was out of state and couldnt afford the copayment. can this have an impact too?
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:58 am

User avatar yes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here