Question: How does anyone get support? Views and No Replies.

rrettak - Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:52 am

:shock:

I came to this forum with hopes that I could gain support and knowledge, maybe even some new friendships.

I don't see anyone replying to the posts, only veiwing them.
How can we support or expect support for our selves if we can't find a kind word to say to each other.

I hope that we all find the time to just Hi and let each other know we care about what's hurting them.

Maybe I'm wrong about this , If I am I'm Sorry ... :?
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:13 am

User avatar Dear Rrettak,

I’m sorry, Hello there. I don’t spend much time chatting because of all the posts I'm trying to answer.

Sometimes people are saddened by what they’ve read and they don’t know what to say. It is so hard to read the distress people are in, people aren’t ignoring you, many times they’re thinking about what they could say other than “I’m sorry” and “I’ll pray for you”.

You aren’t really asking many questions, just about what a rupturing aneurysm feels like, correct? I have heard people describe them in different ways, some say it feels like an “ice-pick” headache, some say it’s the worse headache they have ever experienced and I have had many say they didn’t feel anything at all.
 rrettak - Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 am

Thanks for your reply...

I do understand how hard it can be trying to help everyone.

I guess that's why I was asking everyone why they don't try to help support each other , even if it's just to Hi and listen to them . Share what they gone through or have a friend or family member that has some of the same problems.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:28 am

User avatar You are welcome, write an anytime you want to. There are people chatting on here all the time.
 mrsidknee - Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:57 pm

I don't reply to most of the posts I read because I don't have any helpful information. Posts in this forum seem to very specific and problem focused (ie. "i have a lump on my thigh. should i see a doctor?")

Also, the fact that the site requires registration to post probably cuts down on responses as well. I used to read posts, try to respond but not be able to, and give up because I didn't wan to spend the time registering.

Have you ever considered an online support group or mailing list? It sounds like you are looking more for support than specific medical info. I am on a mailing list / support group specific to the disorder I have and have found it to be extremely helpful and even fun at times. Always nice to have people to talk to who know what I'm going through.

Anyways, hope that you are doing ok. :)

Best wishes,
Sid
 rrettak - Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:17 am

Thanks for the feedback...

I wish I could find a support group for this type of brain aneurysm
But I haven't been able to find anything so far. if you know of any that you could share with me that would be great!!! at this point I feel like there isn''t one out there that's willing to open up and talk about it. everything I have found so far talks about everything but this type of aneurysm . I'm just wanting to find all the information I can from someone that has been through this or knows someone that has. I can use all of the hope I can get right now!!!!

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and for offering me some suggestions!

|