Forum Name: Headaches

Question: chronic headache/pressure symptoms, 5 years..

EGiebel - Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:01 pm

I am 22 years old and have been experiencing chronic sickness for 5 years now. Everyday since roughly 5 years ago (Im unclear as to when this started exactly, it seemed to just come on me slowly, seemingly when i moved into the back room in my parents house) i have been experiencing constant pressure in top/front of my head. it is nonstop, and it is often accompanied with nausea and a feeling of iminent sickness.

Other symptoms that have accumulated are a constant ringing in the ears (subtle, can only hear it and is bothersome when it is quiet or relative silence) and pain when using q-tips. I also have dark spots in my eyes, and what i call heat/mirage vision which is like tiny little black spots and a 'heatwave' like sight (only noticeable when looking at white objects or the sky for example) as well as seeing transparent 'shapes' usually like a string with a loop in it or something, hard to explain. I have also had a chronic cough, which depending on the time of year will produce phlegm usually green or yellow with brown spots in it and shortness of breath and fatigue. And I don't smoke, however I do smoke when I occasionally drink on the weekends.

I have seen an ENT, received 2 left frontal sinus surgeries because of a cyst/infection. As of now my sinuses are clear, so I went to the Houston Headache Clinic and stayed in the hospital for 5 days on intervenous IV medication as well as oral. My symptoms were never relieved, and barely alleviated. I now take Depakotee 500mg and Cafergot for the 'headaches' which don't really help, pulmicort and albuterol for the cough and recently taken Azithromycin and Ketek for sore throat/coughing/etc.

I have also done several CT scans, a CAT scan and an MRI, all of which were fine, and these were taken about a year ago. Ive also seen a neurologist and a psychiatrist, was prescribed geodon for paranoia type symptoms but other than that, nothing. Ive seen all these people and never have my symptoms gone away. All i know is that they never go away, and for some reason the nausea/pressure and headache discomfort are much worse after I take a hot shower or steam, or when I excercise, and i feel really 'out of it' like im kinda not there, a terrible feeling.

Needless to say I feel helpless about this, and i have many symptoms other than this i wasnt sure where to put this thread. Nothing so far has helped so I am asking a doctor on this board to please look into this, check it out. My name is Eric Giebel and live in Midland, Texas. Im beginning to wonder if it isnt something in my enviromnent (my home) is keeping my sick, as I am quite allergic to black mold. Is that possible ? Sorry for the length but I feel like everything must be explained. thanks in advance
 EGiebel - Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:07 pm

sorry, i also forgot to include that my hands and feet are constantly cold, unless i do some excercise or something. My feet are always cold even if I am hot.

|