Question: cancer?

sophie1 - Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 am

[b]
I have a growth on the back of my leg. i have had it for about 6 years and i am always to scared to get it removed. It is a dark pink in colur and come to a point. recently it has been growing under the skin where i can not see it and has now grown to 2cm across. there is also a small white spot on the 'point'. is this cancer?????

Age:15
Sex:female
Past diagnoses: growth
Family history: no one else has had this
Current medications: doctor has written a letter to hospital but nothing has been done.

gr1701 - Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:00 pm

I am no expert by any means but I wouldn't have thought that a cancerous growth would have any kind of head to it.
Also, I remember reading at work on a poster that if a growth is quite symetrical then it is probably benign.
You should just get it checked anyway - especially if getting bigger. It could just be a cyst of muscle tear and it would put ure mind at rest.
Hope that's a little help.

|