Forum Name: Headaches

Question: headache just about everyday...

AndreaIrwin - Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 pm

My husband is experiencing headaches about everyother day atleast. He says he got headaches when he was a kid but now it's getting worse. This evening he started to get a headache around 3 pm, and he layed down and fell asleep. He woke up in pain from is head hurting about 12 am. He said the pain starts at the top of his head, and when he lays down the pain moves to whatever side that he is laying on. He tries to lay on the side that isn't hurting and when he does, he feels as if there is a brick laying on his brain. If he tries to lay on the side that is hurting, he said it hurts worse and feels as if its pushing against his skull, and the pain moves to the back of his head a little. He also has pain in his neck. He has been to a doctor that did a MRI on his neck, and the doctor said the vertibre in his neck, the cartledge may be sticking out a slight bit cause his vertibre was compressed slightly from a neck injury around when he was 13, he is now 19. I don't really know if that has anything to do with the headaches. He has had some surgical history, which is... 16 years old he had windows drilled into his sinuses to help lower the occurance of sinus infection and pressure. Within 6 months of that surgery is nose was broke in an inncident. The same doctor that did sinus surgery also did the follow up reconstructive surgery to mend the broken nose and damage done to the facial bones during the inncident. When he was 15, he had wisdom teeth removed surgically because they were inbedded in his sinus cavities. Those are the three main ones he has had on his head. He does not have as many sinus problems as he did before the sinus surgeries and has has know complications since. After the wisdom teeth surgery, he was diagnosed with having TMJ, which means (which he was told) meant the cartledge in his jaw was out of place which caused it to click when he chewed. That is still a minor problem to this day, but is dramatically better than it was. This is all the information I can give whoever can assist me on this headache problem, that I think could have something to do with his headaches maybe. We will definatly go see a doctor when his health insurance is straighten out, which could be months from now. I just need a few opinions from a doctor or anyone that knows about this kind of problem. If you think it is a serious problem please tell me, cause with or without insurance his health is more important than money.

Thank you,
Andrea Hubbard
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri May 05, 2006 10:25 am

User avatar Dear Andrea,

With your husband's history it is not surprising that your husband has headaches.

All the surgeries, the sinus problems, the neck problems and the tmj all lead to headaches.

Your husband has to make sure his blood pressure is not high and that his vision is good because they might cause headaches.

If the headaches continue to be a real problem to your husband, he has to be evaluated by a doctor and if needed (if considered by his doctor), your husband might need to be evaluated by a neurologist specialized in headaches.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and I hope that this information helped.

AndreaIrwin - Fri May 05, 2006 2:44 pm

[quote="Dr. Yasser Mokhtar"]Dear Andrea,

Thank you very much for using our website http://thedoctorslounge.
net and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.

Thank you very much, we will for sure get him checked out about the headaches. You helped a lot.

Andrea Hubbard

|