News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Reynauds Syndrome???????

labreu - Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Morning I am not sure if I spel this right or not. I have had this problem only for a while but have Not been diagnosed yet, it was just a suggestion from one of my doctors.

It started a couple weeks ago. I work in a refrigerated meat plant. the cold never really bothered me as much before. I used to be able to pack the frozen patties that came out of the freezer and my hands would get a little cold but now they hurt within seconds. To the point I want to cry. I can barely move them when they do get cold. I cannot even go into a refrigerated section of a store without them hurting. I got a gallon of milk today and had to put it down several times because my fingers and handsaa hurt so bad. Also when I was going out the door from work the other day a part of the metal was up against my arm and this is just in the air conditioned area of the office and it felt like it was burning my skin but it was just cool.

Could there be a more serious undelying condition? Should I see my doctor again?

Please help I have posted about this once before and never got a reply but I thought it was just hypersensitive skin but I am guessing it has to do with the nerve endings or maybe that is wrong as well.

You can email me back at labreu@bwfoods.com my home email at labreu@genevaonline.com I would get it faster that way and know exactly what to do.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Lisa
 labreu - Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:33 pm

I have also noticed that if I am driving in my car and have the Air Conditioning on My hands and arms hurt if the cold air blows on them. It also looks as if I get raised areas on my arms in the shape of what a hive might be in where the cold blows on my arms.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here