News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: One-Sided Pain in the head

 shamsm - Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm a 27 year old healthly female. For the past 3 weeks, I have been having a pain on the left side of my head. It's not a headache but an actual pain only on the left side of my head from behind my left eye, along my left temple, left ear and to the back of my head. The pain is causing me to have blurred vision in my left eye and diziness, I'm finding it hard to concentrate on one thing for too long. I went to my doctor and she told me that from my symptomns that I probably have an inflamed muscle in my head since there is a mucle that can become inflamed, where the pain is. She could no tell me why it happened. She prescribe Naprosyn E 500 mg to be taken twice daily. I have been taking it for 3 days now but the pain is still as strong. Since this is a pain killer, it is troublesome that I feel no effect from it. Could it be something else? I have been looking on the internet and it's not a headache of any kind since I don't feel nausea, throbbing pain orany other headache symptomns, it's just a pain inside mu head. What else could it be? Should I ask my doctor to recomend me to a neurologist?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:07 pm

User avatar Hello,

Headache doesn't have to be accompanied by any symptoms other than pain in most cases. There are many causes of headache. It could be a manifestation of an elevated blood pressure, neck problems, eye problems, ear problems or sinus problems.

The fact that you are young dose make the risk of having something serious less likely.

What concerns me is your complaint that you have blurring of vision in the left eye.

Yes, if your symptoms are not better then I would recommend you see a neurologist.

Best regards,


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.