News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: intermittent sharp headaches with pain around eye socket

nelly145 - Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:16 am

I am 21, female, in general good health. For the past week I have had intermittent, sharp, sticking headaches in the left side temple area, right over a vein that I can feel there. If I lay on that side, the sticking pain returns almost instantly. Other times it comes and goes at random. Also at times there is a "sore" pain in the top of my eye socket on that side. I think I may have TMJ, as the left side of the jaw pops and clicks, but I'm not sure if this headache is characteristic. I very much worry about it being an aneurysm, but I heard they usually do not have symptoms. Any ideas? Thank you!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:38 am

User avatar Hi nelly145,
Symptoms that may be associated with TMJ, aside from the painful clicking in the jaw, face and neck pain, may also include for example, headaches, earaches, dizziness, and hearing problems. I would however suggest that you inform your physician of these symptoms so that the actual causative factor may be determined.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here