Forum Name: Headaches

Question: is this something serious

dani87 - Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:01 am

hi i am 18 year ol female and i need a second opinion, i have severe headaches normally they start in the morning and can sometimes continue on through to the evening and i get moody and am not myself but lately i have not been able to focus properly and have been holding my head as i cannot concentrate and feel as if im not here and i have had sharp shooting pains througjh my head. i have also been feeling sick a few times. normally when i get the headaches it feels like my head is going to explode. Also over the past through days i have had a pain above my right eyelid and hurts when i blinked which caused my headaches worse and i just feel weak and achy. can you help, is this serious or is it just a tension or migraine
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Cluster, migraine and tension-type headaches can result in a headache that either awakens you in the early morning or starts after awakening.

Chronic tension-type headache tends to be of worst severity early morning and may last all the day.

Many causes are claimed to be responsible for that type of pain including:
Depression
Withdrawal effects for some pain medications and caffeine

This type of headache is rarely due to serious cause.

Sinus headaches due to inflammation in the sinus passages cause pain in the front of your head and face and should be excluded.

Follow up with your Doctor is essential.

|