News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: fever & disabilty to walk, stand, run, climb stairs

 aali3 - Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:11 am

Name: Wajeeha Annie Asghar
Gender: Female
Date of birth: 07 Oct, 1989
Nationality: Pakistani
Born in: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Parents: both close relatives, both from Karachi, Pakistan
Family history: No-one has such a disability on either side (maternal or paternal)
My problem is:
Whenever I suffer through fever I become unable to walk, before I used to hav dis weakness in my legs only but the second last time I had this fever I even got this weakness to hands n I could not even hold a spoonful of soup in my hands!!
I still face this problem most of times when I catch fever. Now I have been getting this problem since I was 5-6 yrs (my mom tells). And I continue to hav this prob till now when I m 18. I hav got all kinds of blood tests, urine analysis, ESRs, EMRs, hematology, motor nerve conductions.
I used to get cured from this disease without any medications and without any exercise in about 3-5 years (but not normally).
Even an healthy person catches fever once in an year or two years, but it’s bad 4 me to catch fever!! It has really badly, very badly affected my academic career. And I don’t go outside because of my problem.
Please contact me Sir and help me n ask whatever tests u want, do u need the old ones or I need to do a new one?, how old or how new should the tests be?, because I hav got gud medical facilities, so it maybe possible for me to get those tests/xrays prescribed by you.
And yes, I hv also gained a lot of weight during my last disability due to being sitting all the time.
For the first time, I was jus prescribed nurobion & Mobic by my doctor when I was 14, otrwise most of them din’t prescribe nething.
Then when I got serious, I was given human immunoglobulin in huge amounts at hospital!!!, when I was discharged they prescribed me high doses of Prednisonol, ultralan and augmentin.
After that, I got discouraged and got fedup of reguar follow-ups and no recovery so iasked my parents to leave the treatments.
I was suggested a Biopsy (minor surgery) but dint take it, and I was done a bone-marrow test too.
Would be grateful f you pls contact me and help me in this regard. Whoever doctor I ask to diagnose my problem, they fail to diagnose it. And end up saying nothing!
no current medications
Please help and make me help better. U r my last hope.
Thanking you in anticipation

 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:50 pm

User avatar Your symptoms are quite perplexing. I cannot explain them completely. It sounds as if you've had quite a work up.

My best recommendation to you is to see a rheumatologist. Your symptoms are quite suggestive of an antibody related illness. The rheumatologist are the specialists of such illnesses.

Sorry I am not of much more help. I do hope that you are able to find a diagnosis. Keep us updated.

Best wishes.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.