News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: head pain and dizzy

pinkfairy - Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:10 pm

I am 27 and female. A few months ago I started getting dizzy spells. Then i got numbness often in my left arm hand foot leg and eventually the side of my face. My vision gets very blurry and eventually i started getting headaches. I also get weird sharp pains that shoot up the back of my head and a sharp needle like pain in the back of the right side of my head. The numbness episodes seem to have subsided recently but the pains in the back of my head and dizzy spells are getting worse. i have a neurology appt. but not until may so i am a little worried if it is something serious that needs immediate attention/
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:16 pm

User avatar I would suggest you see your regular doctor for an evaluation. You need to have a careful neurological examination to look for any other neurological signs, such as weakness or changes in your reflexes.

You may need to have an MRI of your head or spine to look at the brain well and make sure nothing funny is going on.

If you are unable to get in to see the neurologist sooner, perhaps your doctor can talk with them on the phone and get some preliminary recommendations to start the evaluation process.

Best wishes. Keep us updated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here