Question: head pain and dizzy

pinkfairy - Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:10 pm

I am 27 and female. A few months ago I started getting dizzy spells. Then i got numbness often in my left arm hand foot leg and eventually the side of my face. My vision gets very blurry and eventually i started getting headaches. I also get weird sharp pains that shoot up the back of my head and a sharp needle like pain in the back of the right side of my head. The numbness episodes seem to have subsided recently but the pains in the back of my head and dizzy spells are getting worse. i have a neurology appt. but not until may so i am a little worried if it is something serious that needs immediate attention/
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:16 pm

User avatar I would suggest you see your regular doctor for an evaluation. You need to have a careful neurological examination to look for any other neurological signs, such as weakness or changes in your reflexes.

You may need to have an MRI of your head or spine to look at the brain well and make sure nothing funny is going on.

If you are unable to get in to see the neurologist sooner, perhaps your doctor can talk with them on the phone and get some preliminary recommendations to start the evaluation process.

Best wishes. Keep us updated.

|