News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Strange Leg Feelings

Bato - Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:12 am

Sex: Male
Past diagnoses: In the past i have suffered from PTSD as a result of an automobile accident.
Past surgeries: Skin Graphs, Below The Knee Amputee (on right hand side), Metal Rods Right knee to hip, metal rod left knee to ankle, Removable of lower abdominal mucles on right hand side
Family History: High Blood Presure, Diabites, high cholesterol
Current medications: None

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread but if it isn't please feel free to move it. I have had a cold for several days. Snice the cold has started I noticed this unsetteling feeling in my right leg from my knee down. I have never felt it before and it is difficult to describe. Its a strange sensation that is a cross between like a numb and tingly feeling. It doesn't hurt yet it is just uncomfortable and I was not sure if it was an early warning sign of something else. I do not have a regular doctor right now but am currently looking for one.

I am not in the greatest of shape since my car accident and am overweight and could afford to go on a big diet and get loads more exercise than i do. its been just over 7 years since and i know i need to do something about my physical condition before it is too late. My question is do you think that the recent strange sensation in my left leg is being caused by my cold, being out of shape, the metal rod in my leg, or something else?

I have been to several doctors and they always tell me that my bloodtests come back fine when they run general wellness tests. the only thing that they have ever mentioned wasnt proper was something with my liver... something about high enzymes. I'm not 100% sure what that is about because they usualy tell me when I go in for my follow up that everything is fine. One day it is high one day it is fine :-??

i hope that helps and you can advise me on what steps i should and need to take.

Thanks
 Bato - Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:14 am

I have had a cold for several days. Snice the cold has started I noticed this unsetteling feeling in my right leg from my knee down.

i meant left leg .... lol as my right leg below the knee isn't there ....

sorry

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here