News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Tremors/ Shaking

LoveLife - Thu May 10, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi. I'm a 28 year old woman. I had an MRI and nerve tests done about a year and a half ago for a hand tremor, came back as slight nerve damage in my elbows. No problem in the MRI. Since then the tremor has not gotten worse in intensity, but it is in my whole body now, face, head, legs, arms. Mostly my arms and legs. It gets really bad when it is hot out, after a shower, a lot of physical activity (not including walking) mostly like when I am stretching, doing yoga, holding a position like lying down with legs up in the air, or when I am trying to put a needle on a record player (I play a lot of records). It is also prominent in range of motion like moving my wrist from palms up to palms down. Very worst is when I am stressed and can come on very suddenly to where I am practically convulsing. Very jerky. Never shaking when just lying down unless i'm hungry. I noticed it is a little better when I breathe deeply or drink some alcohol. My father has MS and my sister has essential tremor. Two aunts have Graves Disease. Not currently taking meds. What could this be? What do you recommend I do? Should I get another MRI? This started about two years ago under a lot of stress and painful hands was part of it. The doctor thought it was RSI due to my job at the time. And it did get a bit better with exercises, but never went away completely. I am obsessing about it because of my dad and just need some sort of advice. Thank you for any answer!
 LoveLife - Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 pm

Opps. Forgot to say that I have gotten so shaky that I've fallen backwards once or twice, possibly mild balance problem other than that. So mild I barely notice though. I have experienced no numbness or tingling. Maybe some slight memory issues? Like I have problems recalling things sometimes. No other symptoms other than maybe headaches. I should say I am a high stress person in general too. Do I see a doctor again?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here