Question: Head injury starts showing sympotms again after 9 years

nini - Sun May 13, 2007 11:29 pm

1.21
2.F
3. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 4 then when I was 19 I found out it was autism not ADHD.

4. Syrgury on neck to remove non cancerous tumor when I was 5- nikle size

5. Adopted I don't know

6. clondine .1m 2-3x dialy as needed (one at 3 pm one at 9 pm)
Problems started when I was on geoden.

I split my head open all the way down to my skull twice when I was a little kid. I have always had a soft spot. Lately I have been sensitive to light, I have had eye problems and I feel as if I'm fainting. The last 4 times I got my blood pressure checked my entire arm went numb below where they put the cuff on within 5-10 seconds.

I have had to sleep with a neck pillow since I was 14 becuase I was at the swimming hole and a kid jumped off the diving board after me before I got out of the water and there foot hit the soft spot on my head from the previous injuries. Is it possible when getting hit in the head where I previously had to have staples in my head becuase of how large the wound is bring back all of the symptoms that last months? (I have had abcess in other parts of my body within the last 3 months)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 14, 2007 12:24 pm

User avatar We are continually learning that we really don't understand that much about brain injuries. Sometimes symptoms show up years later that are probably related to the initial injury.

If you were to receive trauma to the same area again it may cause similar symptoms to return. Depending on the severity of the trauma, symptoms may persist for some time.

|