Question: Muscle spasm?

samermaan - Sun May 20, 2007 7:55 am

Hi,I'm 22 years old male, before about 8days,I had a left trapezius and neck tenshion, this was due to high tenshion in lifting weights or wind blow that day or both.The next day,I had a pain in my left and right trapezius muscles,the second day i have onle left trapezius pain as well as left neck pain.
The third day, I woke up with a pressure on my left side of head and ear.I went to a pharmacy and they advised me with anti-infalammatory pills.i took them for two days but didn't feel good and my stomack hirted me.so i stopped and went to a general health doctor,who grap my neck for a while and said its just a muscle fatigue and he adviced me with Norgesic pills.On the seventh day,I still feeling pressure on my head and a numbness sensation on the back of my head,today i'm really getting afraid,the numbness is now felt on the back of my head,neck and upper back,and still fealing pressure on head.Can u conclude something? BTW the left trapeziius muscle is still tensed and rigid,the neck is flexible but some tissues still harder than the right neck side,and still now i don't feel numbness in hands or legs.Somebody advised me with antibiotics Augmentin pills?after taking them i felt a little pain in testicles! Can u tell me what the best thing to do in my case? And what tests should i do?Can this numbness and presure sensation be just from muscle spasm?Thanks alot.

Yours,
Samer
 Marceline F, RN - Thu May 24, 2007 4:39 am

User avatar Dear Samermaan,
It sounds to me that you have suffered a very bad strain/sprain. Yes, it can take a long time for certain sprains to heal, especially in muscles that you continue to use. Have you tried applying ice to the injured area? Ice can help reduce the inflammation that occurs when muscle tissue is injured. Be sure to wrap the ice and apply for 20 to 30 minutes on then off. Antiinflammatory meds such as you were recommended will also help. Resting the muscle while giving it time to heal is the best approach. Then I suggest you have your trainer watch your technique in your lifting to be sure you do not repeat whatever maneuver you did that caused the original injury.

|