Question: Brain Question

krona - Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:51 pm

For the doctors:

I have been dealing with problem for some time now... I haven't been able to think clearly, organize my thoughts, and other brain functions. It is like my mental state is impaired. But every now and then everything will return back to normal. I can organize my thoughts I can think and act clearly and it is like a switch has been turned on in my brain. Can anyone tell me what this is? Is it a chemical imbalance, a post-stress response? This only lasts about an hour and then slowly goes back to the previous state.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:06 pm

User avatar Dear Krona,

This can be a side effect of drinking and/or smoking weed if you are still doing that.

This can also caused by the negative thought trail that you referred to in one of your posts as well. If you are taking any medications for depression and anxiety, this can be a side effect of this type of medication.

krona - Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:57 pm

Thanks, Doc.

To tell you proudly, I have not smoked weed or drank since before that first post. I do have a negative thought trail, though. I guess thats it. The bright side is I've been through cognitive behavioral therapy and now I'm doing self-esteem building. "The Self-Esteem Workbook" by Glenn R. Schiraldi Ph.D. I'll try to let you know how this worked out.

Krona

|