Question: Pressure Pain in Brain Still?

Mbunaman - Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi, I have had a problem with pressure on my forehead. I first thought it was sinusitis but after I've taken two rounds of antibiotics it didnt go away. I feel better when I sleep a lot. Could this pressure be because of stress or tension? I have had this strange pain for more than a year now. It has gotten way better since I first got these symptoms. I will go see my doctor again about this, but he thought it was an infection also, because my ear drums were infected or something. Anybody have some ideas of what might be causing my pressure on the middle of my forehead, and it is the part closer to my hairline not right above my eyes. I also feel dizzy sometimes because of this, and it is very difficult to do tasks that I have to read or think about a lot. Please help me, I need to do well in school, and also get on with my life. Thank you

Danny
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:16 pm

User avatar Hi Danny,

It is possible that you are having migraines. It may also be a chronic sinusitis that is not improving with antibiotics. A CT scan can easily evaluate the sinuses for any evidence of infection.

You may want to talk with your doctor about trying a migraine treatment.

Mbunaman - Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Thank you for your continued help Dr. Lowe. I still have these headaches and I noticed taking tylenol or advil makes it go away temporarily. Could I have some kind of blood vessel damage? Because it hurts only right in the middle of my forehead. I also feel dizzy and nautious sometimes. And the headache is strongest in the mornings. I also have a blood pressure of 150/100.

Danny
 mattreck - Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Over the last 3 months I have been getting some serious brain pressures in my head causing alot of discomfort and sometimes even pain. Last night especially the stem of my brain hurt at a very distinct point with the almost a stabbing throbbing sensation in its center.

Often I find myself feeling my frontal lobe being really heavy on my forehead or a very discomforting lobotomy sensation where the top-center of my brain litterally feels like its being ripped apart. Either that or a halo sensation where the back of my head feels like theres a loop of pressure surrounding the back of my brain.

The pressures are constant and almost always there, whether it's my temple or the top of my head or whatever, they are there. They are NOT headaches, i get headaches and migraines seperately and advil only helps a little bit with the pressures, the lobotomy type feelings or any other very painful pressures are not stopped by these drugs.

The most common pressures are the left top side of my head or the frontal lobe and these I can usually deal with, but 1-2 times a week I get very scary and discomforting ones that can put me in a state of panic.

|