News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Tension headaches and odd leg type nausua.

venruki - Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:59 am

Hello, I've been sick for the past 3 months with what seems to be bad tension headaches in my neck and back accompanied with bad bloating/gas, There's instances where I have to consistently burp for about three hours. The weirdest part of all is a weird sensation I get in my legs when I lay down, it feels as if my legs are pulsating and growing and shrinking, It's hard to explain.

anyways I have 19 years old, Male and have not had any past diagnosis for this or any surgery's, I am also not on any medications.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:50 pm

User avatar It is entirely possible that there is no connection between these varied symptoms so you should check out each problem individually. It will be helpful to try anti-gas medications that you can get over-the-counter to see if you can get that problem under control. (Gas-X, simethicone, even Mylanta). That's an easy thing to try and won't do any harm if it doesn't help.

I wonder if your leg problems that are hard to describe might be restless leg syndrome. You may find that some regular exercises such as daily walks or jogs might help this. Your doctor may also be able to prescribe something if this seems to be the case.

Headaches can be caused by a myriad of things from foods eaten, allergies, sinus congestion to stress, inadequate sleep, eye problems and many other triggers in between. You should have this evaluated by a family practice doctor or neurologist. Be sure to describe all your symptoms when you go in.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here