Question: Numbess in left hand that radiats up arm.

Hemlock3071 - Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 am

Seven nights ago i woke up with my left hand numb, this was not unusualy as i am a side sleeper. Usually the numbness goes away in a few moments or within an hour. However this time it did not. During the seven past seven days it has gotten worse never really painful, unless i repeatly use my left hand ( its my dominat hand) i had to take notes in a driving class and boy that was painful. Most of the time it is just like pins and needles but also as much as numbess, i have wondered if it is more sensative to sensations. My mom told me to take a hot bath that i had a pinched nerve so i did and my hand, wrist, arm, shoulder and even my torso started to get all pins and needles and pulsating numbess. I went to the emergency room. The doctor was nice he told me they ruled out a stroke, CTS, and diabetes. He gave me the number to a nureologist. Sorry my spelling is bad high school drop out. I am a truck driver by occupation and i need my hands to hold the wheel. By the way i do not drink or smoke, but i did chew tobacco for a long time recently quit about 2 weeks ago. Since the hot bath i have noticed that the pins and needles does seem to be be in my left shoulder and upper torso now as well as my left hand (where it all started). It does not seem to be in my right arm or face or either legs. It really seems like it (numbness) has spread up my arm into my chest but i have no pain except the pins and needles. I am starting to get scared, and i can not stop working. Thanks alot for reading this not expecting miracles but thanks again.
 Hemlock3071 - Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:04 am

oh i almost forgot i am a white male, aged 37, 5ft 7 inchs and 190 lbs.

|