News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Numbess in left hand that radiats up arm.

Hemlock3071 - Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:03 am

Seven nights ago i woke up with my left hand numb, this was not unusualy as i am a side sleeper. Usually the numbness goes away in a few moments or within an hour. However this time it did not. During the seven past seven days it has gotten worse never really painful, unless i repeatly use my left hand ( its my dominat hand) i had to take notes in a driving class and boy that was painful. Most of the time it is just like pins and needles but also as much as numbess, i have wondered if it is more sensative to sensations. My mom told me to take a hot bath that i had a pinched nerve so i did and my hand, wrist, arm, shoulder and even my torso started to get all pins and needles and pulsating numbess. I went to the emergency room. The doctor was nice he told me they ruled out a stroke, CTS, and diabetes. He gave me the number to a nureologist. Sorry my spelling is bad high school drop out. I am a truck driver by occupation and i need my hands to hold the wheel. By the way i do not drink or smoke, but i did chew tobacco for a long time recently quit about 2 weeks ago. Since the hot bath i have noticed that the pins and needles does seem to be be in my left shoulder and upper torso now as well as my left hand (where it all started). It does not seem to be in my right arm or face or either legs. It really seems like it (numbness) has spread up my arm into my chest but i have no pain except the pins and needles. I am starting to get scared, and i can not stop working. Thanks alot for reading this not expecting miracles but thanks again.
 Hemlock3071 - Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:04 am

oh i almost forgot i am a white male, aged 37, 5ft 7 inchs and 190 lbs.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here