News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Tingling in head; blood rushing to head; high blood pressure

Scooter78 - Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Hello, I am a 29 Y/O Male. I recently had to go to the hospital because I had cold clammy hands and diziness. I have also had small seizures in the past, but only ones that cause me to daze off. I always feel out of breath, and I get rapid pulse quite often now than usual. My head sometimes tingles, and it feels like my head is full of blood. I have had no head trauma that I know of, but the feeling in my head is certainly not normal. When I was diagnosed at the hospital, I was told that I had experienced a panic attack, though it felt more as if my head was about to pop. The sides of my head are always throbbing, but not so much that my head hurts, but it tingles. I do smoke, but I have recently dropped the habit as best I can due to what I am feeling. I am currently on no medications and I have been diagnosed with PTSD and obsessive-compulsive disorder. As of right now, if I place my hands on both sides of my head at the temples of my head, it pulses much like my heart does when it beats. I don't debate the panic attack, but could there be more to this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:51 pm

User avatar Hi Scooter78,

Everything you are describing sounds very consistent with a panic attack.

I would suggest you see your doctor about having your thyroid levels tested to be sure they are not elevated. Hyperthyroidism can mimic these symptoms also.

There are some medications that can help reduce or prevent panic attacks if you are having these symptoms frequently. Your doctor can help determine if these would be helpful for you.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here