News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Dizziness and some Headaches

anergex - Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi I am a 20 year old male and for the past 3 weeks now I've been having spells of dizziness. The dizziness starts about 15 minutes after I wake up and is on and off throughout the day. Also late at night before I good to bed, I get sharp headaches just above my left temple that only last a second or two. About 2 weeks ago when I first noticed the dizziness, I had a very sore neck but that has appeared to of vanished. I have noticed a bit of ringing in my ears, but do not have any pain in my ears and no fever. Other than the dizziness and the headaches I feel completely normal. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:29 pm

User avatar Some people develop vertigo, where you feel like the room is spinning and you could experience nausea, visual disturbance as well as ringing in the ears. Ear infections can also have a similar effect.

You should seek urgent medical care if you develop double vision, weakness, headache, difficulty speaking, abnormal eye movements, or even acting "not yourself."

There are other causes of lightheadedness and fainting so it is difficult to say what the cause might be. If this is still going on, I would suggest talking with your doctor about it.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here