Question: Is this sciatica pain?

doalot - Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi, I'm female, 38, and I hurt my leg over 18 months ago when I was moving, and it never completely went away, I still get a burning pain that lasts just for a minute or so, it seems to go away if I move around bit or shift position. I don't feel it at all when I'm walking.

I get these pains everyday or every few days and it's in outside of my left calf, could that be sciatica pain?

When I first had pain I think it was down my whole leg, that seemed like sciatica to me, but now it's just on the outside of the calf and it was so long ago I can't remember exactly how it went.

I've never had surgery except for a cesarean 18 years ago, and a tubal 4 years ago, and I'm not on any medications.

Thanks!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:50 pm

User avatar Hi Doalot,

Your pain may or may not be related specifically to the Sciatic nerve. It does sound like nerve pain, though. It may be that you have some nerve damage farther down the leg also.

I would advise you to see your doctor for a formal evaluation to see if there may be a treatment to help you get free from this pain.

|