Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Constant headache and neck pain

Illinois - Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:47 pm

am a 41 year old female. For over a month a month I have constant Headaches/neck pain. Went to family prac. , put me on steroids and Antibiotics. No results.
Had a brain MRI done, showed nothing abnormal. I also have a twitch sometimes in my left eye and by the end of the night I have to cover that eye because it feels so strained. My head and neck hurt non stop.
What other options do I have. Also have been on vicodin for past two years for lower Back pain caused by a cracked disk and bulging disk.
Thank You for your time
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:20 pm

User avatar Hi Illinois,

I would recommend you see a neurologist. There are several possible reasons for an ongoing headache.

With the head and neck pain you may have a compressed nerve in the upper neck causing some problems. If the MRI didn't go down low enough it may have been missed.

Illinois - Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:34 pm

I saw a chiropractor today who took x rays and they showed that the vertabrae in my neck curve back instead of forward. She said this could have happened from a trauma. The only thing I could think of was when I was about 6, I fell out of a 2 1/2 story window. She said that she could try to help the vertabrae curve forward to a certain degree, not perfect. Also said I have extreme arthritis in my neck. Should I get a second opinion or does this sound logical? Never been to a chiropractor before
Lisa
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:20 pm

User avatar Hi Lisa,

This is certainly a possible reason for headaches and neck pain.

Like doctors, some chiropractors are very good and some are not as good. When the nerves of the neck are involved it is always reasonable to get a second opinion. If you trust your chiropractor you may not feel this is necessary and following the recommended treatment is a reasonable thing.

|