News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: ReBif - injection site worries

badeshon - Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:39 pm

My wife was diag. with MS about year ago (she is now 37) and started using ReBif. We understand that there will be injection site discomfort but how long after an injection should that site hurt. Her injection sites stay pink for weeks and at times hurt to the touch for days after. Also there have been times after she injects herself in another location, some of the previous injection site become tender and pink again (injection in thigh...arm sites turn pink again) Is this normal, or could she be having an allegric reaction?
Has anyone heard if the Interferon patch has been approved and available yet?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:23 pm

User avatar Hi Badeshon,

This drug is known to cause pain at the injection site. When you say that her other sites become red when she injects herself I am a little concerned that there may be a mild allergic reaction occurring. I would recommend she talk with her doctor about this to see if there is another treatment alternative or if this is actually a normal finding. I do not have a lot of experience with the use of this medicine so I cannot say for certain.

To my knowledge the patch is not yet available.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here