News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: prednisone

betty-poopster - Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:02 am

i have read that prednisone can cause agitation and mood swings. how much and for how long would one need to use this medication in order for such a reaction? meds were used by a 40ish female, with depression and multiple visits to doc's and er, on a short-term basis (1-3 weeks, dosage and diagnosis unknown) 5X in a 4 year period. sorry i don't have all the info, i am just looking for general info for someone who attacked another individual with a hammer and says, "the prednisone made me do it!" i realize everyone reacts differently, but are there any cases where someone wanted to kill another individual?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:41 am

User avatar Hi Betty-Poopster,

Prednisone can have significant effects on mood. The higher the dose, the more prominent the effect.

The degree to which prednisone affects a person varies from person to person.

Unfortunately, I really can't give you any more specific information about this issue.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here