Question: 5yo cyst on brain right hemisphere flattening?

tiredmom82 - Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:29 pm

5 year old female
no past surgeries
family history diabetes
This all started about 2 years ago with headaches abdominal pain and vomiting her episodes kept on getting worse so we went to doctor to doctor ect i got everything from possible gas to possible fecal impaction.. well finally after no let up in her symptom her pediatrician set up an appointment with a gi specialist well he wanted an mri to rule out intercrainial pressure due to the fact the her symptoms were mainly at night.
She also has had chronic low grade fevers and a perticial rash associated with all of this i think what it really was is that i wasnt taking theres nothing wrong after a month of constant symptoms but i think what caught the drs eye was the rash all over her body.
I just got the mri results back this i what they say
because the clinical signifiicance
of the finding in the posterior foss is uncertain, pediactric neurological or neuro surgical evaluation would be recomended.
there is some asymemetry of the extra-axial fluid space in the posterior fossa with some mild focal prominence of extra axial fluid see anterior to the inferior aspect of the right cerebellar hemisphere and small arachnoid cyst is suggested
there is some associated focal flattening of the anterior aspect of the right cerebellar hemisphere inferiorly and there may be some associated expansion of the ipsilateral cochleat aqueduct. I don't know what any of this means for her brain she just failed her hearing test at only low decibals and she wears glasses and has ptosis of one eye lid. I am scared out of my mind my fight to get my child help has been rough and i never thought that it would leave us with seeing a nuerosurgeon. Her pediatrician wont comment much on it because she said that shes not a neurosurgeon so i need to ask them with the problem is that i don't get to talk to her until the 15th of next month so they are leaving all up to my imagination, i feel like my heart is ripped out and my world is spinning out of control and my poor baby, what does this mean for her. If someone could please look at her mri films i have a link and please tell me what this means it would mean so much because the unknown is killing me!
thanks

http://www.freewebs.com/gabbysmrifilms
[/url]
 tiredmom82 - Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:40 am

Please help me in trying to shed some light one what all of this means..i googled flattening of the right hemisphere and nothing comes up, i just cant find any information on all of this, and god why wouldnt her eyes be even in the mri, what does that mean? she wears glasses and her opthamologist told me a year ago that it was ptosis of her eye lid thats why her eyes were not even. Please any information ill take anything i can get at this point. Im praying for answers shes praying i would stop hugging her so much....

|