News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Dried blood on skull?

nescrew - Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:15 am

I'm an 18 year old female. I've never had surgery and my family is healthy, I take no medications.

When I was 14, I was hit by a city transit bus. I was hospitalized and was seeing doctors for 3 years. I had constant headaches and it seemed like the nevere had a cure. I had 3 different neurologists. One said I was fine, we wanted a second opinion the other said I had a concusion still, from 2 years ago. Which seemed odd to me. And the third told me I had dried blood on my skull and the reason my memory would fade or I'd get lost in a conversation was because the dry blood would scratch my brain. It all seemed weird to me. They didn't help me at all, even after five MRI's on my brain.
I get severe headaches a lot, my vision has been horrible and sometimes I see dots. I get this weird ringing noise, almost like I am deaf, but I am not...I come close to fainting a lot, and can't seem to move too much without that feeling. I've hurt myself before from falling. And I've also had many panic attacks and I believe I had a stroke before. I wasn't taken to the hospital because of money. And now I haven't gone to doctors because of money either.
Could there be something seriously wrong with me? I know you can't diagnose me with anything. But what could the possibilities be? I didn't think dry blood or a concusion could last 4 years...I just don't know how much more of the headaches I can handle..or the forgetfullness.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:18 pm

User avatar Usually concussion is a short-term event with total recovery, though there may be a link with future problems which has yet to be discovered. In about 15% of cases people experience post concussion syndrome and your symptoms would certainly suggest this could be happening.

I am not a neurologist and I would suggest you consult with one when you can.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here