Question: Numbness/tingling in face

tmoney - Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:02 pm

I am a 30 year old male. I developed a tingling in my arm fingers and face about 4 months ago. This all happened after I was working on finishing my basement by hanging drywall. I went to the doctor and they checked my heart with an eeg and found no problems. The doctor thought it may have been anxiety since I had issues in the past and took myself off of Xanax(I was having palpatations.) The palpatations have been gone for more than 3 years now. The arm and finger tingling went away but the facial tingling remained. The facial tingling is pretty much along my right jaw line(90% of the time) but will sometimes go higher and often icludes a muscle tightening os spasming in the right side of my neck. The doctor gave me Lexapro and I took it for a month and there was no relief. I have since been living with it as I will go up to a week with no tingling/spasming, only to have it for extended periods of successive days. Any ideas of what this could be and is this purely anxiety? My mother and my uncle(her brother) both suffer from anxiety issues.
 tmoney - Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:31 am

I was taking Paxil for anxiety not Xanax as mentioned. Oops!!

|