Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Head pains from a fall

sunshine01 - Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 pm

My friend fell off the ladder about 15 ft high around July of this year. Since the fall he’s been having really bad headaches and its gotten worse over the month. He woke up in the middle of the night saying it really hurts and his eyes hurt also. The pain is from the back of his neck and all over his head especially the back and the head part. He has right side of the face is swollen a little and his mouth keeps feeling dry. What would be causing this problem? Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:51 pm

User avatar Hi Sunshine01,

This is quite a fall. A fall from 15 feet can certainly do some damage. I would be a bit concerned about some nerve or spinal cord damage. There are many possibilities as to what could be causing these headaches.

My best advise is for your friend to see a doctor for a thorough medical examination. He may need some imaging studies as well.