News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Should I be more concerned than my doctor?

Mastodon33 - Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:40 am

I'm twenty three, male. I've been diagnosed with ADD, anxiety and panic disorder for which I take adderal and klonopin I've had both direct and peripheral hallucinations and delusions since as far back as I can remember(toys moving and changing permanently) each time I see or hear or experience something it coincides with the taste of blood and vivid memories of dreams that seem to have just ended though without sleep. I've described "episodes" to several physicians over the years and to my dissapointment they throw SSRI's and other antidepressants at me without any explanation though from prozac to cymbalta I experience such horrific side effects I don't think I'll ever accept them again. Could someone please give me some Idea of what might be happening?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:29 pm

User avatar Hi Mastodon33,

There are a few different conditions that can cause hallucinations. These include psychiatric diagnoses and neurological diagnoses (such as seizures).

I would suggest you talk with a psychiatrist first to discuss your symptoms. If the psychiatrist feels you should see a neurologist this would be the next step.

Discuss with them your previous medications and treatments you've tried. This will help make a proper diagnosis and get you on the right treatment path.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here