Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache in neck with nausea

labreu - Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:57 am

Good Morning,

Lately I have been having a very sharp headache start in the back right side of my nech and it travels up to the back of my head and then I get a bout of nausea with it. I do have this headcold that just will not go away completely. I had it a few weeks ago and got ZITHROMAX for it. It went away for about 1 week, it came and went since. with it surfacing now. A sinus pressure, with sneezing, coughing, sore throat but no fever. If I sit still for a few min I will fall asleep. Then the headaches came this time around. I know it sounds like the flu or mono but I can not seem to get rid of it at all no matter what I do.

The headache with nausea is what is really concerning me.

I am an endometrial cancer survivor and I have read that they really watch the lungs and throat after removal of the cancer is there a reason for this???

Age--39
Sex- Female
Past Surgeries--
c-section,Tubal, removal of gallbladder, hystorectomy, ooperectomy, removal of scar tissue.
Family History-- CANCER, HEART CONDITIONS, DIABETES

Current meds--Premarin0.9 mg, Fluoxetine 20mg, premarin vaginal cream
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:14 pm

User avatar Hi there,

How long ago were you diagnosed with endometrial cancer? Are you currently under follow up with your doctor?

Follow up is important for a period of time after surgery for fear of recurrence.

Endometrial cancer is curable if caught at an early stage. Your symptoms could as you say be attributable to your cold. However, given your past history it does warrant some degree of concern. I would urge you to alleviate your concerns by paying a visit to your doctor.

Please update this thread and let me know if you have any other questions?

|