Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Head pain and pressure

Jcz - Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:42 pm

25 yr old female. 8 days ago I started to get a headache. It is not terrible just a dull, pressure feeling on the top of my head and back of my head. It is transient coming and going throughout the day. A few days after this began I started experiencing pressure in my neck and throat. I almost had the sensation that my throat is swelling. All symptoms come and go. My first reaction is that this may be an airborne allergy reaction. Any ideas?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:09 pm

User avatar Headache, especially one that comes and goes, can certainly be one of the symptoms of allergies. But, of course there are many causes of headaches and it would be impossible to say for sure. If it does not respond to acetaminophen, rest and reasonable food intake (to verify it is not caused by low blood sugar) you should have it evaluated by your doctor.

If it is an allergy-induced headache, you may get relief from an antihistamine and/or decongestant. Try to record any patterns you notice about the headaches so you can report these to your doctor.

|