Question: Tingling sensations on right side of face

Grecko - Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi i am 26 years old male no history at all in my family regarding this, I have visited my family doctor and he has told me that it is from stress and anxiety I was prescribed a low dosage of klonopin. The problem that I have is that Occasionally maybe 2-3 times a day I have tingling sensation on the right side of my face through my jawbone and can feel it by my temple and to my ears. I usually get them while stretching or if I get up from sitting at my office. They last for about 10-15 seconds, I have no idea why but I was wondering if I should get it checked out even further, been happening for about a week now please help... I recentlyhad a problem with my sciatic nerve not sure if that has anything to do with it..
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:05 am

User avatar Hi Grecko,

This pain sounds like it is nerve related (not meaning stress). You may have some irritations of the nerve that runs through the jaw bone and near the ear. It may be being stretched when you move a certain way.

I'd suggest that you see either a neurologist or an ear, nose and throat specialist for further evaluation. I do not think that your sciatic problem is related.

|