News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Odd neurology/muscle spasm problem

tresa97 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:18 pm

I get this weird feeling in my upper back on the right near the shoulder blade and in both my knees. It feels like popcorn is popping and you can see the skin moving, it happens at least 10 times a day in each area, any idea as to what this could be? I am a 38 year old female who has some arthritis and have not had surgery in either of these areas. I am on Depo Provera and no one in my family suffers from anything like this
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:40 pm

User avatar Hello Tresa97,

It sounds like what you may be feeling are repeated spasms of the muscle known as fasciculations. If you search for this on the web it will return lots of nasty illnesses. Before becoming concerned about these I would suggest you first start by seeing your doctor to have your electrolytes checked. A very common cause of this is simply being a bit low on calcium or potassium. These other "bad" illnesses are quite rare and often would present with other symptoms as well.

If you develop other symptoms or these are getting worse, more testing may be needed.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here