Forum Name: Headaches

Question: ~ Headaches - stiff neck / jaw - dizzy spells getting up...

Kimberly-79 - Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:45 pm

I am 28 yrs old, female. 86 lbs (4'11")

I've had Social Anxiety Disorder since age 15 (have made progress - am going to make more)

I have a B12 deficiency (getting B12 shots as of yrs ago)

minor Hypoactive Thyroid (on Synthroid as of yrs ago)

have Geographical Tongue (as of Summer 2005)

Get full easy (started Summer 2005 - doc stays it's IBS)

have Low Blood Pressure sometimes

I have a benigne tumor on my liver (hemangeoma?)

Have Acid Reflux - Rolaids etc don't work.

I occassionally get a weird feeling in my chest that takes my breath away at that moment - doc says as long as my heart doesn't race afterwards, not to worry about it.

I bruise easy, mostly on my legs (I usually can't recall how they happened, sometimes they're very big, and I still don't recall when it happened)

Recent:

In October '07 I broke out in Hives for a week (Benadryl helped) Allergy test showed nothing.

Mid-November '07 I started getting a flashing dot in one eye. Test showed nothing.

Been crying off and on since Mid-Nov '07
Moved out on my own again, Mid-Nov '07

I get headaches a lot, but as of a week or so ago, it's been worse. I've had three dizzy spells (usually when getting up from what I remember) I get flush and clammy. Tired. Can't sleep well.

My neck is stiff, shoulders hurt, my face is blotchy, my jaw is a little tight, I get the odd spasm in my back (not enough to make me twitch or anything)

Diabetes runs in both sides of my family. My Mom thinks I'm either anemic, have low blood pressure, or it's a blood sugar thing (which would be new for me)

Is this stress... or does it sound like it fits something else? I kind of hope it's something else because I'm really tired/embarassed at unintentionally making myself feel sick here and there (anxiety disorder) I didn't think I was stressed though.

I sometimes feel sick too, but that might just be my worrying about whatever is going on with me.

Sorry to ramble, I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything that might be important.

Thank you so much for this forum, and for taking the time to read/reply to the msgs. I think there is something wrong with me - maybe a different deficiency or something, because I haven't felt physically right since Summer of 2005, and now other things are happening as I just mentioned. I hope someone has an idea of what this is. I really want to feel better. This is depressing.

Take care, and Happy Holidays to everyone.

~ Kimberly
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:52 pm

User avatar Hi Kimberly,

Your symptoms may be due to a few different things going on. The dizziness sounds like you may be a little low on blood volume (dehydrated) or possibly anemic.

You may have a cold virus that is causing all these symptoms (particularly the dizziness, jaw pain, etc) to appear.

You may also be having some exacerbation of your anxiety, etc. making the symptoms worse.

I'd suggest you see your doctor and possibly have some screening labs (complete blood count to look for anemia and also to look for elevations in the white blood cells that may indicate infection).

Kimberly-79 - Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Dr. Chan Lowe wrote:Hi Kimberly,

Thank you so much :) I'll let you know what the bloodwork shows.

Dippy me didn't consider it could be a few things going on at once. And I wondered if any past problems were possibly part of current problems.

Thanks again ~ Kim

|