News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Sleep disorde and Tylenol PM Concerns

mollybteague - Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:52 pm

I have been having problems sleeping for over 10 years now. I am currently taking 5 Tylenol PM everynight faithfully and have been doing so for about 4 years. What are the possible injuries Tthat I have caused myself. I know I am physically and medically addicited to this drug and I am wondering if there are any other type of drugs that will help me to stop taking the Tylenol but still help me to sleep.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 pm

User avatar You have been using a narcotic pain reliever in place of a hypnotic or sleeping pill. If you are having pain that keeps you awake, perhaps a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory could do the job. Talk to your doctor about ambien or trazedone or something similar that could do the same for you without causing the narcotic addiction. You may need some help in getting off the codeine as well, so you may need something interim such as methadone treatment. I am no expert here but I know you need to make a change and doing it under a doctor's care makes the most sense.

Good luck and congratulations on your desire to be healthier.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here