News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: sensory ganglionopathy

patrog - Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with this autoimmune disease and am having trouble finding any on-line information. Please help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:07 pm

User avatar Hello -

On-line information on this condition is badly lacking, as you've discovered. While you now probably know as much about it as I do, you will likely be followed for the problem and so hopefully will be learning a good deal more about it. If you are so inclined, it would be great if you could follow up with us here as you learn more about the problem, as I'm sure there will be others visitors to the site looking for the same information. Meanwhile, if I am able to find more on it I'll be sure to get back to you with it. However, right now, all I know is that it is an autoimmune problem which causes peripheral neuropathy with sometimes random-appearing symptoms such as balance difficulties and muscle wasting, as well as sometimes facial pain or numbness due to one or more cranial nerves being affected in some patients. I also know it is sometimes treated with immunoglobulin (IGG) infusions, but I don't know anything about the course or prognosis, nor of the effectiveness of IGG (although I would assume it has at least shown some promise in causing remission).

Thanks for anything you can share with us and we'll be sure to do the same. Bst of luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here