Question: sensory ganglionopathy

patrog - Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with this autoimmune disease and am having trouble finding any on-line information. Please help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:07 pm

On-line information on this condition is badly lacking, as you've discovered. While you now probably know as much about it as I do, you will likely be followed for the problem and so hopefully will be learning a good deal more about it. If you are so inclined, it would be great if you could follow up with us here as you learn more about the problem, as I'm sure there will be others visitors to the site looking for the same information. Meanwhile, if I am able to find more on it I'll be sure to get back to you with it. However, right now, all I know is that it is an autoimmune problem which causes peripheral neuropathy with sometimes random-appearing symptoms such as balance difficulties and muscle wasting, as well as sometimes facial pain or numbness due to one or more cranial nerves being affected in some patients. I also know it is sometimes treated with immunoglobulin (IGG) infusions, but I don't know anything about the course or prognosis, nor of the effectiveness of IGG (although I would assume it has at least shown some promise in causing remission).

Thanks for anything you can share with us and we'll be sure to do the same. Bst of luck to you.

|