News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Can MS alone cause poor circulation?

Sheba - Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:58 pm

I've had multiple sclerosis for 34 years. I'm 56 years old, 5"3" tall, and weigh 95 pounds. I am not diabetic nor confined to a wheelchair. I eat right and work out on an exercise bike for 30-40 minutes 4 times a week. I'm always up and around - a fairly active woman.
A neurologist told me a few months ago that I had poor circulation in my foot due to advanced MS. I can find no mention of this being a symptom of MS anywhere. I currently have an infection in a toe on that foot. A podiatrist examined it and confirmed that I have very bad circulation in it.
Please tell me if poor circulation is truly caused by MS and, if so, exactly how MS causes it.
Thank you very much,
Sheba
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:46 pm

User avatar Hello,
I think you will have to quiz the doctor on this one. I have not been able to find much that would support this idea, but I can understand where there could be a connection since the nervous system is impaired in MS and nerves are involved the other systems of the body. I just can't second guess the doctor on this one.

I found one statement that supported this but was unable to pull up the original source to check validity of the information.

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well taking care of yourself.
Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here