Question: Muscle atrophy (mild dystrophy in muscles)

111 - Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi
I have problem with me muscles, which began when I'm in 18 years old, and my muscles become weakness from that time, I do many medical report and I see the CPK is very high which 500 and some time 700. I take Vitamins, Q10, and monohydrate.
If you need to see all report I will send it to you.
please can you describe to me my case, and if that any medical to it.
my medical report

http://www.4shared.com/file/33271590/7ec0fcd7/Firas_Medical_Report.html?dirPwdVerified=60fd34e0

Thanks a lot
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 pm

User avatar Hello 111,

With muscle atrophy and elevations of the CPK levels, one must consider muscular dystrophies as a possible cause. I would recommend you see a neurologist that specializes in neuromuscular disorders if possible. These subspecialists are the experts of these types of disorders.

I was not able to review your entire medical record. My knowledge of the specifics of these disorders is limited so I can't offer much more information for you.

111 - Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Thank you doctor

But in Palestine we don't have specializes in neuromuscular disorders, but I go to the neurologist, and I don't stop her only, I sent my medical report to Czech and the professor there say to me that doesn't have any medical but give me Q10, Monohaydrate (Protein) and vitamins.

thanks to you again

|