News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: loss of smell and taste

worrywart - Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:37 pm

About 3 mos ago, my sister (22) fell from balcony (approx 12-15 ft), landed on the back of her head. She went to ER, they did CAT scan, said there was nothing abnormal except a shadow in the right quadrant of frontal lobe. She lost her sense of smell and taste after the fall, it still hasn't returned. No insurance, so she'd like to be able to have some idea about what it might be before she makes any more appointments. Thank you.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:08 am

User avatar Hi!

Didn't the doctor who checked her CT scan ask to come for followup in case she had any more problems? In any case, it would be best to let her doctor know of her problems. A shadow in a CT could mean many things, but since her doctor has confirmed that it is not anything abnormal, it would be enough to let the doctor be aware of her new symptoms.

bill
 kabeebabee - Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:19 pm

I don't know what causes this, but, my sister in law had head injury after falling of of a moving truck and she cant taste or smell either. This was almost a year ago adn she still hasnt gotten those senses back. Her doctors told her at first it sometimes happens but they will come back and they still havent, if you find anything out i am interested in knowing what it is. Thank You

Kabeebabee
 serenity22 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:09 am

:wink:

Hi,

I don't smell or taste well and haven't for years and get along allright, she will just have to get used to it.
 poop - Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:11 pm

hi
are there any know cures for smell and taste disorders?
And do the treatments work? :)
 Kirsty_Oz - Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:51 pm

poor smell and taste here too... i am a sucker for foods with diff textures!
 poop - Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:49 am

how long have you had no smell and tatse?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here