Question: loss of smell and taste

worrywart - Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:37 pm

About 3 mos ago, my sister (22) fell from balcony (approx 12-15 ft), landed on the back of her head. She went to ER, they did CAT scan, said there was nothing abnormal except a shadow in the right quadrant of frontal lobe. She lost her sense of smell and taste after the fall, it still hasn't returned. No insurance, so she'd like to be able to have some idea about what it might be before she makes any more appointments. Thank you.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:08 am

User avatar Hi!

Didn't the doctor who checked her CT scan ask to come for followup in case she had any more problems? In any case, it would be best to let her doctor know of her problems. A shadow in a CT could mean many things, but since her doctor has confirmed that it is not anything abnormal, it would be enough to let the doctor be aware of her new symptoms.

bill
 kabeebabee - Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:19 pm

I don't know what causes this, but, my sister in law had head injury after falling of of a moving truck and she cant taste or smell either. This was almost a year ago adn she still hasnt gotten those senses back. Her doctors told her at first it sometimes happens but they will come back and they still havent, if you find anything out i am interested in knowing what it is. Thank You

Kabeebabee
 serenity22 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:09 am

:wink:

I don't smell or taste well and haven't for years and get along allright, she will just have to get used to it.
 poop - Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:11 pm

hi
are there any know cures for smell and taste disorders?
And do the treatments work? :)
 Kirsty_Oz - Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:51 pm

poor smell and taste here too... i am a sucker for foods with diff textures!
 poop - Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:49 am

how long have you had no smell and tatse?

|