Question: Tingling? Really weird head feeling please help

sosick2 - Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:19 pm

I've had this reoccurence of a weird feeling in my head and tingling in hands/arms/legs as if theres like a lack of blood there or something, but im able to move fine.

These symptoms seem to occur when i gently stroke the hair on the top/back of my head OR whilst im on the computer for a long while.

Been to the doctors a few times and they did a few neuro exams/blood pressure tests and said it was fine and it was anxiety, however i strongly doubt this.

Any ideas? could it be serious?

please help thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:56 pm

User avatar Hello Sosick2,

These symptoms can be caused by anxiety. If anxiety is the issue, generally feelings of dread also occur and the heart rate increases. If you are having no other symptoms of anxiety this may be something else.

It is difficult to tie the location of your symptoms together in one problem. Peripheral nerve problems can do this but it would be uncommon for one of these types of problems to have pain that comes and goes as you are describing.

It may be worthwhile seeing a neurologist to get a nerve expert opinion.

|