News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache, Dizzy & Heart Problems

abh1028 - Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:16 pm

I am a 25 year old female who was diagnosed with Tachycardia when I was 14. I'm 5' 1" and I'm 121 lbs.

For the past 2 months I have been having headaches that are accompanied by dizzy spells, sensitivity to sound, very fatigue and not very good vision. My vision is weird when these headaches come on. I do work on the computer 8 hours a day and it gets to where I'm almost seeing double and chasing my words all over the place. I have never had an eye exam, so I'm thinking I should probably have one.

But I was wondering if all this could be related to my tachycardia? I am on Cardizem 30 mg. 3 x's daily (90 mg. per day). I haven't been to a doctor yet because I just moved from Louisiana to Arizona 7 months ago and I don't have insurance with my new job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ~Thak You~

Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
Yes, it is possible that your symptoms are related. I would suggest seeing your doctor or cardiologist. Visual disturbance can be a sign of complications but could also be an independent problem so an eye exam might also be a good idea and perhaps this would be the first thing to try. Insurance benefits for vision are not typically that great and cost of an exam is usually reasonable so I would do that but still follow up with your doctor if the symptoms continue, get worse or you just sense that things aren't as they should be.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here