News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Narcotics Induced Hyperdrive

drub22boy - Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:05 pm

I smoked pot and drank coffee for about 17 hours straight. I fell into visual and auditory hallucinations. I then psyched myself out which made my brain "redline" if you will. In the days following: objects were lighter, audio was clearer, vision was sharper, all intelligences increased. My body would seemingly sometimes go numb while inactive, and I would have to wiggle my foot or something to make it go away. Some auditory hallucinations remained, but only on demand. My long-time lisp was solved. In the weeks following: both pot and alcohol acted like stimulants. I would get headaches at the back of my head, especially after exertion on the toilet. Three years later and after abstinence I seem to be back to "normal", but now I can't drink any alcohol without getting headaches.

Is it possible that my brain and/or nervous system is damaged permanently?
 Dr. A. Madia - Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:20 am

User avatar Not at all my dear, but since your body is giving you clear indication against alcohol, why do you want to drink it anyway, especially since you are doing so fine without them and had a stupendous will power to give the substances away!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here