Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache, Poor Vision, Confusion, and Fatigue

Cheesecakes1121 - Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 pm

To Whom it May Concern,

I am a 20 year old, hispanic female. I work at a Law Office in which I spend 8 hours infront of a computer (but not the 8 hours do I actually use the computer), I used to have PERFECT vision, 20/20, but in the past few weeks I have noticed that my vision is very poor now. Signs seem very blury and I have to drive up very close to be able to read a street sign. My alarm clock numbers look blury from my bed when they had never seem like that before. I wake up with pounding headaches, and throughout the day I randomly get a sharp pain around my temple area. I used to think it was because my wisdom teeth are sprouting, so it would cause tension, but my teeth seem to stop sprouding for the moment and now my headaches are not just around my temple area, it is my whole head that hurts. My headaches seems to go and come. Sometimes when i'm driving, in the car, or even just at home, I get this feeling of NOTHING. As strange as that sounds thats how I feel. I just sit there and I get this weird feeling as if everything around me was not real. My memory has also be getting worse. I seem to forget where I place things, I could be talking and suddenly I forget what I am saying. I get bad confusion sometimes to the point where it is affecting my work. I am always misplacing files, forgetting where I put things, forgetting what I was supposed to do through out the day. Also, when I'm sitting down or even standing, the left side of my body (around my rib cage/stomach area) gets very tingly! It starts numbing up. It is a very strange sensation. Lastly, I have fatigue all the time. I always have a good night sleep, getting 6-8 hours of sleep a night, sometimes even more. Yet, I always feel extremely tired, irritable, depressed, to the point where I just want to go home to sleep ( I don't have time for naps though). I just want to know what may be causing this, or if all my symptoms have any correlation. Thank You

Dr. A. Madia - Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:31 am

You feel that lately the acuity of your vision has gone down. At your age it could mean you have developed refractory error that is to say you have got numbers. Get your eye tested and if your optometrist says so, get glasses done.

Suppose you have numbers and you are not wearing glasses, it may give you headaches. On the other hand headaches at your age could be due to tension, stress, migrain, vascular headaches, cluster headaches, and lastly acidity. All these causes of headaches ate benign and can be easily controlled with some proper diagnosis and treatment by your GP.

Your constant feeling of fatigue, sleepiness etc may have its origins in some exogenous or endogenous depression. Try to find out what is bothering you either at work or at home. But first you must get a routine health check up to rule out any specific disease, ask your GP about this.

Take care,

Apurva

|