Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Strange Headache lasting weeks

amandaktbugg - Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:09 pm

For about the last 2 weeks I have had a headache that is a persistent dull throbbing throughout my entire head. Occasionally the pain "swells". It feels almost like my head is having contractions. There don't seem to be any corresponding symptoms. Does this sound like something I should be concerned about? Thanks! Amanda
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 am

Headaches are very common, but persistent headaches should be checked out to be sure they aren't a signal of something serious. It may not be; just smart to be sure. So if you are able to see a doctor about this, I would recommend it.

Of course there could be something environmentally that is bothering you, even a sleep position or something you are hypersensitive to (allergy). Sinus infections and even visual problems can also cause headache. It would be helpful for your doctor to know if the headache responds to acetaminophen or other analgesics, if you have accompanying symptoms such as nausea or even a sense that one is coming on. does it, in fact, come and go, or has it been constant, day and night, throughout the past two weeks? Are you under any specific stress in your life? Different people respond to stress in their own way and it often shows up in physical symptoms. If this is the case, relieving the stress or learning relaxation or stress-reduction techniques can be helpful.

I know this is a very frustrating situation and there probably isn't a quick fix for it, but monitoring details about the headaches and your life when they occur might help you get to the cause.

worldofours - Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi. My name is Jonathan and Iam 26 years old. For the past 2 weeks i have been having a wierd brain feeling. At first my right side of the face felt a little numb with the right side of my head feeling like presure and sharp pain. It feels as if my brain is going to get a shock or something and shut off. Also my right lower eye lid has been twiching off and on. All of This comes and goes. I also have been feeling this in different spots of my head. The face numbness seems to be gone but the wierd sharp pain in my head comes and goes. I also been getting headaches in the past 2 weeks. I have just got a ct scan of my brain but the doctor said the results came back normal. I am still suffering from this and i seem to have NO answer on what is causing this wierd feeling iam having. One more thing back in July of this year i fainted and after i woke up from fainting i felt the same sharp pain in the left side of my back head. The hospital did a ct scan as well and they said everything was normal. Now it seems the same sharp pain is moving to different spots of my head. I also want to mention i get twiching in my arms and leg as well sometimes. If the ct scans came back normal then what do you think is causing my new symptoms of sharp pain , headache and eye twiching? Thank you for your time

|