Question: Pain/pressure in pelvic/inguinal area

ey0614 - Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:17 pm

In December, I woke up feeling like there was pressure on my left pelvic area. It was from a little under my left hip bone down the inguinal area to the pubic bone. A few days later, the pressure turned into pain and became more intense. The pressure felt more intense, and became extremely uncomfortable when I sat down. Feels like a bundle of pressure just stuck there, and sometimes it feels awkward, like a funny bone.

On Dec 10, 2007, I went to the emergency room because it was bothering me, but mainly because I was beginning to get scared. They did an ultrasound on me to see if my ovaries were twisted. That came back normal, and they said I had UTI, and prescribed me 3 days of Cipro. That didn't help and I got a refill, and the pain was still there. I noticed that the pain was more noticable about a week before my menstrual cycle. I went to my obgyn, and he said it might be endometriosis, so he prescribed me Yasmin. That helped somewhat but the pain was still there. I did another pelvic / abdomen ultrasound, and everything was normal except this time they could not see my left ovary (is that normal? They didn't mention when I got the ultrasound done at the hospital in Dec..), and that my uterus was leaning slightly to the left. They said that was not a big deal. I did a CT scan of the abdomin/pelvic area, and they found no irregularities, no mass, no stones.

Recently, my right side starting to have this pain too. It comes as a sharp stabbing pain sometimes, and the pain would sometimes travel down my inner thigh, where the thigh meets the pelvis, and it would feel kind of numb. The numbness feeling is making me think this is nerve related. Any one know what this might be? I'm scared, confused, and mostly frustrated because my PCP doesn't seem to have much concern for my problems.

btw, I tested positive for H.Pylori in September, but I had already taken all the anti-biotics several months ago. Would this have any kind of relation to my pelvic/side/inguinal pain?
 problems101 - Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm not a doctor but if you look at my posts I've been dealing with pelvic pain --7 doctor's later I found a female pelvic pain specialist. His name is dr. echenberg in Bethlehem pa.

My problem is because my pelvic floor muscles are so tight that the nerves that run through the area are having spasms and are causing a dull ache to sharp pains on my left side between my belly button & hip.

I can't say that I have what you have but I've seen 2 obgyn, gastroenterologists, surgeon because they thought it was a hernia, urologist, family physicians and now this new obgyn pelvic pain specialist. http://www.cpp.medem.com

I now am getting nerve shots & have been told to do Kegel exercises. It is very hard to find the specific muscles so I'm glad I have a physical therapist.

Please know that there is hope. The books he recommened me to read are on his website but I purchased them on e-bay & amazon. one is "a headache in the pelvis" and "fitness for the pelvic floor"

It was explained to me that doctors look at the particlular body organs & look for diseases. but nerves & muscles are not checked. this is a new approach & you would think that obgyn, or urologists would cover this area but most don't.

the doctors here have helped me so much with all there advise and I appreciate them so much but if your doctors can't find anything wrong. This was my answer. I cancelled an appointment with a psychiatrist, for this pelvic pain specialist & I understand pain without answers can really get a person down & I even started to question my sanity. If you review my posts you'll see I bugged these doctors here for months.

Good Luck.
D

|