Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Please relieve the pressure in my head!

jayme - Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 pm

I am writing today to see if someone can help me find out what is wrong with me. I have a pressure in the back of my head (from ear to ear, and the top of my head to my shoulders.)

Ok Here is a little history on what has been going on with my health. 1 year ago I had an incident where I passed out cold for a matter of moments, my friends where there to get me up and give me some orange juice. From that day on I have never been the same!

After I fully passed out that one time for the next couple of months I would be driving down the road and have a major sensation that I was going to pass out again, I would have to call someone to let them know where I was just make sure I wasnt going to die. (These are the things going thru my head).

SO I saw the family doctor and gave them every single one of my symtoms. Also at this time I was having migraines very often. So I did all the blood work with the family doctor and then she referred me to a Cardiologist, when her we did an EKG and that came back perfectly normal. So then we moved onto the Neurologist! She had blood work done, MRIs of my head and spine with and without contrast, and an EEG, and you guessed it everything came back fine. She worked with me on the migraines mostly, gave me meds for them and I started to see a chiropractor at the same time and that did wonders for the migraines. While I was working with the neurologist we came across some blood work that said I was positive for Lymes Disease. My symptomes included being overly tired, very moody at times, fainting sensations when i would do anything strenuous, and this pressure in the back of my head that feels like someone has placed a balloon at the top of my spine into my head and just blows it up whenever they feel like it. So to be very aggressive I started on the antibiotics the same day. I did a 21 day cycle of an antibiotic and this little miracle drug did the trick for the most part. I still had mild anxiety about there being something else wrong with me that noone was catching. But I was able to talk myself down with that one.

So then I was fine for about 2 months, not perfect but better. Then 6 days ago I started to feel a little strange again, so I have tried to contact my neurologist again to do some more blood work to see if anything has changed. 3 days ago while I was at work I had another almost fainting incident and then an anxiety attack and had to be carried out of work. I have this god aweful pressure in the back of my head. There is nothing I can do to make it better not a position a medicine nothing. My mind races with all the things that could be wrong and it makes the anxiety so much worse. I have to take a Xanax to sleep and I am afraid of getting addicted...

Someone please help me cause I feel like I am going insane cause everyone says there is nothing wrong on paper, but I believe the total opposite.

Symptoms:
*Extreme pressure in the back of my head from ear to ear and shoulders to top of the head.
*Headaches from pressure (not migraines)
*Random shooting pains thru head and stomach
*Food goes in and out very quickly
*Anxiety/ Panic
* Sleeplessness due to anxiety
*Overly tired
*Abdominal pain
*Overly tired
 SoTired76 - Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:36 pm

I hope it is OK to post words of support on the board. I think so. I really am sorry you are going through all this. It is really hard when you have been through the ringer and are trying to find answers. You said the blood work said that the Lyme test was positive? Maybe a different kind of doctor could help like an infectious disease doctor or something. Ya know, when you are dealing with a lot it is hard not to be anxious or frustrated. I wish you well, and hope you feel better soon.

|