Question: burning skin on forehead

ioulord247 - Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:33 pm

I have been diagnosed with a severe cae of fibromyalgia to the point it severly limits what I do.I am in constant pain..my muscles..and am constantly fatigued. For about the last 4-5 months,the skin on my forehead has had an almost burning like sensation,almost as if it is sunburned.If i run my finger across my forehead,or wear a hat,it really feels the sensation very strongly.I can feel exactly where I did that for several hours.Also the areas around my eyes to a smaller extent.Is this part of the Fibromyalgia?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:50 pm

While what you describe sounds like classic nerve pain, possibly post-herpetic (shingles). It probably has some relationship to fibromyalgia, I would think, although the whole disorder is still poorly understood. I do know that several nerve blockers are popular in the treatment of both post-herpetic pain and the pain of fibromyalgia. My guess is one of these would perhaps help ease (or even eliminate) a great deal of similar pain as well, if you're not already taking one (gabapentin and pregabalin are two such drugs).

Have you by any chance had, in the area you describe, shingles or some sort of outbreak with skin lesions that followed the pain pattern?

Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck and feel better.
 bsignificant - Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:42 pm

hi there,
i m 30 years old male i feel burning skin or a blood vessel inflamation on the forehead ,precisely over my right eye when i get nervous or stressed...this situation worries me though there r no symptoms or effects of this.i d be grateful if you tell me please what s the nature of this situation and if it is dangerous or not.
thank you!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 pm

User avatar For bsignificant -

Some people are prone to neuritis or neuralgia (or sometimes just flushing) in highly localized areas, when under stress. This can involve a superficial nerve or sometimes a mild inflammation of a blood vessel (arteritis). It sounds as though it is a reaction to stress, and it may respond, if very bothersome, to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medication such as ibuprofin. Otherwise I'd just leave it alone and only take note if it becomes chronic rather than stress-related.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

|