News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Neurology Answers List

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: burning skin on forehead

ioulord247 - Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:33 pm

I have been diagnosed with a severe cae of fibromyalgia to the point it severly limits what I do.I am in constant pain..my muscles..and am constantly fatigued. For about the last 4-5 months,the skin on my forehead has had an almost burning like sensation,almost as if it is sunburned.If i run my finger across my forehead,or wear a hat,it really feels the sensation very strongly.I can feel exactly where I did that for several hours.Also the areas around my eyes to a smaller extent.Is this part of the Fibromyalgia?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:50 pm

User avatar Hello -

While what you describe sounds like classic nerve pain, possibly post-herpetic (shingles). It probably has some relationship to fibromyalgia, I would think, although the whole disorder is still poorly understood. I do know that several nerve blockers are popular in the treatment of both post-herpetic pain and the pain of fibromyalgia. My guess is one of these would perhaps help ease (or even eliminate) a great deal of similar pain as well, if you're not already taking one (gabapentin and pregabalin are two such drugs).

Have you by any chance had, in the area you describe, shingles or some sort of outbreak with skin lesions that followed the pain pattern?

Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck and feel better.
 bsignificant - Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:42 pm

hi there,
i m 30 years old male i feel burning skin or a blood vessel inflamation on the forehead ,precisely over my right eye when i get nervous or stressed...this situation worries me though there r no symptoms or effects of this.i d be grateful if you tell me please what s the nature of this situation and if it is dangerous or not.
thank you!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 pm

User avatar For bsignificant -

Some people are prone to neuritis or neuralgia (or sometimes just flushing) in highly localized areas, when under stress. This can involve a superficial nerve or sometimes a mild inflammation of a blood vessel (arteritis). It sounds as though it is a reaction to stress, and it may respond, if very bothersome, to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medication such as ibuprofin. Otherwise I'd just leave it alone and only take note if it becomes chronic rather than stress-related.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here